: The East, where exactly is up for negotiation.
IT Support, Azure Administrator, Network Administrator
Industries of Interest:
Tech Ed, Entertainment, Web
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Security+ CE, A+CE, Azure
Gulf Coast State College, A.S, Network Cybersecurity Tech, 2011 - 2016
- Implemented DNS, DHCP server, ACLs, NATs, VLANs, routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, RIP), with device hardening (security).
- Worked With: Linux, LAN, WAN, WLAN, Ethernet, Server 2008, DNS, DHCP, ACLs, VLANs, QoS, HSRP, SNMP, AAA, TACACS+, RADIUS, Active Directory, Windows Server.
New Horizons Regional Education Center, Technical Degree, Introduction to Networking, 2010, 2011
- Onboarding for new teachers; setting up login informations, network access, file permissions.
- Cabling - From twisting and punching CAT5 cables to knowing what Fiber is and how it works.
Career & Volunteering
IT, Network, Azure Administrator, 2014 -
RUNTCPIP.COM: Technical and informative writing about 5G, Cisco networks, general tech happenings and Microsoft Azure. Avg. of 4 posts a month, about 1000 views a month. Connecting you to your resources.
Set up and maintenance of a small company using the Free Tier: Separated resources, set up addressing, set up of Active Directory with 5 users (including guest accts with limited access, and grouping of users with RBAC).
Monitored resource health, set policies, planned for backups and timed updates, set up SSO for Twitter logins. (See current projects on right)
- Managed ad hoc networks with Cradlepoint routers and Windows 10 laptops for student testing (April 2019, 12 hrs).
- Automation with Python (see projects on right)
- Resolved 15 - 20 tickets per week by troubleshooting and repairing PCs, laptops, scanners, peripherals, and
- Using IpMonitor from Solarwinds to scan 6+ network devices in domain and check activity.
- Hands-on configuration of Cisco routers and switches through CLI with PuTTy and console cables.
- Automated distribution of 30+ IPv4 addresses through DHCP for network connectivity for wireless, LAN, and WANs. DNS setup on routers.
- Configuration of Linux builds (Kali, Server) in Virtualbox, with package downloading, network security configuration, file permissions, & packet sniffing (Wireshark).
- Re-purposing consumer technology with Apple Mac OSX / iOS, Microsoft Windows 10, & Android phones.
Mobile Network Support Specialist, 2013
Account management and technical support for Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile customers.
- Config and Troubleshooting of Android, iOS.
- Talking with representatives from major phone carriers.
- Managed 180+ stock inventory of phones, hotspots, via paper and digital records.
- Increased sales of company insurance of 60% over vendor-specific insurance.
Red Cross , 2009 - 2011
Volunteering in high school. It's what all the employers want!
- Supported 20 Tier 1 users by installing hardware, software, and by maintaining network printers.
- Upgraded operating systems and hardware, under guidance of IT Manager, by using Wizards and checking hardware compatibility.